First time at the Dubai international airport, without any assistance, is likely to get you all jittery. After yesterday’s tips here are some more to calm those nerves and make transit smooth.
11. Business and first class passengers flying from the A Gates of Dubai International get the privilege of boarding directly from lounge areas.
12. Visit their Zen Gardens, an indoor oasis where time stands still near gates B7 and B27.
13. Use a swimming pool at the airport or relax or rejuvenate at the sauna and shower facility. You may also enjoy a fully equipped gym and Jacuzzi. Call +971 4 224 400 or book at the Dubai International Hotel website.
14. Amazing Spa treatment is available at Timeless Spa at Concourse A, B and C.
15. Buy NOL top-up and save money on standard metro fares. Also, buses operated by Roads and Transport Authority do not accept cash; pay by NOL top-up
16. There can be long queues for the taxis at the airport and fares can vary depending on the traffic and the time of the day. Don’t hire a taxi run by somebody in plain clothes and instead go the official taxi ranks.
17. Make an occasion out of travelling at the Moet and Chandon Champagne Bar that serves a selection of delicious sharing plates that perfectly complement the champagne served here.
18. Don’t forget to pay a visit to Jack’s very own bar and restaurant –Jack’s Bar and Grill. They serve all things America and do exceptional breakfasts. We recommend you try their Jack’s favourite Belt Sandwich.
19. Cho Gao should be your first choice for Asian food. They serve Chinese, Thai, Japanese, and Indonesian cuisines and their Prawn dimsums are to die for.
20. The Rupee Room dishes out some amazing Indian food; from tikkas, to pakoras to biryani… they have it all. King Prawn Pakora and Aloo Chana Poori are a must-have here.
Hope these help make your visit to DXB simpler.
Which other airports would you like to know about? Let us know in the comments below.